nasacoat
®
Nano-Science-Advanced-Coatings
Swiss Formula Swiss Formula Instant Solutions
Est. May 1999
Deutsch   English   Español   Français   Italiano
nasacoat
Instant Solutions
Reflectant Thermal Insulation
Saving up to 60% of Climatic Conditioning Energy Costs
How Reflectant Thermal Insulation Works

The Reflectant Thermal Insulators work on the base of two main parameters: Solar Reflectance and Thermal Emissivity.

The Solar Reflectance represent the percentage of IR rays ( heat ) that is "repelled" by the nasacoat coating.

The Thermal Emissivity represents the fraction of the internal heat of the coating that is emitted to the exterior.

In the following example we show how these two important parameters are used to calculate the fraction of heat that can pass through the coating.

We suppose that a given coating have a solar Reflectance of 88% and a Thermal Emissivity of 0,90.

This means that of the total IR rays that arrive on the surface of the coating, the 88% is reflected back and only the rest of 12% will penetrate inside the coating.

For the effect of the Thermal Emissivity, 0.90 parts of this 12% of heat that entered the coating is emitted to the exterior.

This way, multiplying 0,90 by 12%, it results that 10.8% of the entered heat is emitted out again.

At this point, subtracting this 10.8% from the 12%, the final results is that only the 1,2% of the total heat has penetrated into the coating.

In the following table you can see the Solar Reflectance and Thermal Emissivity of the roofs and walls coatings of nasacoat, together with the correspondent Solar Reflectance Index ( SRI ) and the final percentage of heat that can pass through each coating.

# Coating SRI Solar Reflectance Thermal Emissivity Passed Heat
1 Sun Glare 5 106 84,4% 0,88 1,87%
2 Sun Glare 10 110 87,4% 0,88 1,51%
3 Sun Glare 20 111 87,6% 0,90 1,24%
4 Sun Glare 30 112 88,1% 0,90 1,19%
5 Power Skin 5 106 84,5% 0,88 1,86%
6 Power Skin 10 111 87,5% 0,89 1,37%

Back to Top    -    Previous Page
All nasacoat Nano-Coatings are 100% :
Pure Acrylic - Water Based - Non Toxic - Free of poisoning Lead, Heavy Metals, Ammonia,
Organic Vapors Emission = 0 VOC - Free of cheap monomers : Styrene, Vinyl and VEOVA,
100% Ecological = Environmental Friendly and
Sustainable, but also for the Final User
Sustainable Materials for a Better and Healthy Future